Thursday, May 10, 2012

Student presentations - week 13


10% of the summative assessment is based on class presentation.

Here is a preliminary list of possible papers you can use for your presentation.
First come, first served.
Claim yours with a comment below.
I welcome alternative suggestions.

You will have to give a 15 minute presentation where you
-summarise the key ideas and results of the paper
-relate the contents to what you have learnt in the course
-state things you did not understand
-any weaknesses you see in the paper

5 minutes will be allocated for questions and discussions.
Time limits will be strictly enforced.

Marks will be based on
-quality of presentation
-level of understanding of the paper
-ability to relate the paper to what you have learned in the course
-ability to answer questions


Experimental observation of the quantum Hall effect and Berry's phase in graphene

Ideal diode equation for organic heterojunctions. I. Derivation and application

Complex thermoelectric materials

Tunable Fröhlich polarons in organic single-crystal transistors

Understanding ion motion in disordered solids from impedance spectroscopy scaling

The birth of topological insulators

7 comments:

  1. I'll take Birth of topological insulators!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to have to take Ideal diode equation for organic heterojunctions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shotgun
    Quantum spin liquid emerging in two-dimensional correlated Dirac fermions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take complex thermoelectric materials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thermal and electrical transport across a magnetic quantum critical point sounds interesting, I think I'll take that one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take:

    Superconductivity gets an iron boost

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall tune into:
    'TUNABLE FRÖHLICH POLARONS IN ORGANIC SINGLE-CRYSTAL TRANSISTORS'

    :)

    ReplyDelete